Monday, July 13, 2009

July 12, 2009: Abraham and Lot

1. So Abram settled in the land of Canaan, and Lot moved his tents to a place near Sodom and settled among the cities of the plain. But the people of this area were extremely wicked and constantly sinned against the Lord.
(Genesis13:12-13)


Much like Lot we gravitate toward sin.

- Why is it so hard to stay away from whatever Sodom might be in your own life?



2. But God had listened to Abraham’s request and kept Lot safe, removing him from the disaster that engulfed the cities on the plain.

(Genesis19:29)

God heard and answered Abraham's prayer.

- Can you share an example of how God has answered a prayer for you?
- Have you ever tried to negotiate with God during your prayers? (Genesis 18:20-33)


We had an awesome Sunday with great music and a challenging message along with the INCREDIBLE Baptism and picnic. Please feel free to share any thoughts about this amazing day! God is GREAT!


These questions are posted to open up discussion and comments on the story of Abraham and Sarah. Please feel free to share your own thoughts, comments and questions on this topic. You may comment on other posts, too.

Click on "# comments" below on this week's post to write your responses and to read others. You can make an anonymous post or sign your name.

2 comments:

  1. I think at some point, as a parent, I have negotiated with God. When I was carrying my children, I would try to say, if you just give me four "normal" children......funny, I did get one "special" kid with mild autism. Then I got mad at God, but in His wonderful way, he sent me a sister who He spoke through. It' was never about me, it was about giving Cooper the right mom for him. Sometimes, just changing your way of thinking about something brings perfect clarity. God's plans are perfect, we just need to patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself constantly negotiating with God. Sometimes he gives in, and sometimes he doesn't. Of course, His plan is always better than mine!

    ReplyDelete