Monday, July 6, 2009

July 5, 2009 - ABRAHAM & SARAH: Looking For A City

Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is a able to do whatever He promises.
(Romans 4:20-21)

God called Abraham to leave his home and go to another land. He didn't know where he was going, but his unwavering faith allowed him to fully trust in God's promise.
- Has God ever called you to do something that did not make sense?
- How did you respond?
- Have you seen evidence of God's promises in your life?


This weekend we also celebrated our nation's birthday and the freedom that we have as Americans. In our worship service we also celebrated our freedom in Christ.
- How did you celebrate or reflect on these freedoms this past weekend?



These questions are posted to open up discussion and comments on the story of Abraham and Sarah. Please feel free to share your own thoughts, comments and questions on this topic. You may comment on other posts, too.

Click on "# comments" below on this week's post to write your responses and to read others. You can make an anonymous post or sign your name.

4 comments:

  1. I guess God calling me into the music minstry at such a late time in my life didn't make sense to me. But He has called on people to serve his purpose who were much older(way older)than I. At the same time he did fufill my prayer that I would be able to use this stewardship for His purpose.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we read the Bible, God's calling to His people was pretty obvious...He sent an angel. With us, God may call us in many ways that are much more subtle. We need to be able and ready to listen, to know when He is calling us to do something for His kingdom. When we are led to do something, we need to take it to God in prayer and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a tap on the shoulder or a note under my pillow would be nice. Then I would know and wouldn't be guessing if if was God's will or my own (that's right after I freaked out of course). Sometimes I find myself asking for God for a sign that this is His will. And sometimes when the sign comes I doubt that too and ask for a sign for the sign- kind of a Gideon's fleece-

    And sometimes......clear as a bell I know it is my Father's voice I hear.

    Kim Adams

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has done a lot of crazy things with my life that didn't make sense at the time. I've come to learn that God won't let any part of me go to waste and He won't let any of my sins get in the way of what He's doing with me. His plan will always be The Plan no matter what I do or think.
    I was really caught off guard by God calling me into working with the children's ministry. I would have never placed myself there. I am glad that I went when God told me to go though because it has been an awesome blessing and has changed my life in many ways. Praise be to God for His amazing grace!

    ReplyDelete